Pregnancy: Week 32

Saturday, May 27, 2017
Kyle and I went to another hiking thing.  I am getting more used to not hiking.  Of course my ex-husband and his girlfriend were there.  At first, it affected me, but I did my best trying to keep in constant conversation with someone or other. By the end, it seemed like he was the one who felt out of place!  Maybe it’s mean of me, but I’m okay with that!  Even though most of the people there were more acquaintances rather than real friends, it helped me to feel more like I belonged there.  I hung out with the other women and their kids.  I used to be friends with several of them, but they dropped me not long after Tim and I broke up and I never knew why.  I tried to be as friendly as possible and tried to be friendly and not act injured.  I must have done succeeded because I felt like we started on the first steps towards repairing our friendship.

Sunday, May 28, 2017
I must have overdone it yesterday, because I was tired and out of it all day.  I literally spent the day  alternating between napping and zoning out in front of the television.

Monday, May 29, 2017
Because I was feeling better after resting so much yesterday, I got a lot done today.  Kyle and I went food shopping and ran a bunch of needed errands.  I’m not looking forward to going back to school, but I know it needs to be done.  At least the end is in sight with just about four weeks left of classes!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017
As always, I showed more documentaries in my classes today.  I was just so tired that I had no energy to do anything.  At least I didn’t fall asleep in class like I have done on other occasions! I also had my appointment with my endocrinologist today.  Apparently, if thyroid numbers change during a pregnancy, it’s usually in week 32.  We talked briefly.  Other than being dismayed at the fact that I gained 48lbs (my gynecologist didn’t even’t comment on it), he didn’t have much else to say.  I got my blood drawn and he told me to come back Friday for the results.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Today I had a slightly easier schedule due to some testing, but not by much.  I was able to get working on some of the grading that I needed to do, so that was nice.  I had my gynecologist appointment today.  They did an ultrasound and I got to see him!  She said that he’s about 4lb 9oz already!  I watched the ultrasound closely and it said that the head measurement was around the size typical for 33 weeks 5 days instead of 32 weeks 5 days.  She didn’t say anything and told me everything was fine and normal.  I took it as another sign that I’m going to deliver early.

Thursday, June 1, 2017
I had been dreading this day for a while now.  There was yet another student concert with another accompanying art show.  I know the idea was to have an art show with each concert showing off the work of the students who were a part of the concert, but it did seem like an awful lot of work and late nights for me!  My main goal was to just get through the day and night as well as I could.  Apparently, I did very well, but was exhausted by the time I got home.  I didn’t even want to eat, I just walked in and went right to bed!

Friday, June 2, 2017
I woke up to the sound of the carbon monoxide detector going off.  It was a slow beeping and when the bedroom door was open, it stopped.  We decided to go to the nearest 24 hour store and get a new battery.  We did and it continued beeping, but not the fast beeps that were considered the actual warning.  I couldn’t go back to sleep and called the landlord as soon as I got to work and it was considered a decent hour to call.  He said he’d come by with a replacement while I was at work.

I had some parents e-mail me to complain about the layout of the art show and felt slighted when their child had less work up than others.  While there were good reasons for it, whether or not it was because their child was too busy talking in class to finish their work or they were absent and missed days of class, these parents were not satisfied with my answers.  I ended up talking with one on the phone and she went so far as to tell me what a horrible teacher I was.  I just snapped and told her we should meet with the principal and hung up on her.  I felt bad, but it was probably better than me reacting to the anger.  I went to the principal and let her know exactly what happened and that she should be expecting a phone call from that parent.  I know I overreacted.  I was tired from staying late at night and waking up early.  I got overemotional and I was embarrassed by how I reacted.

I don’t know what parents expect when they call up.  I have had parents ask me to change grades, change punishments, or just change policies of mine.  What they don’t seem understand is that no child is perfect.  All children make mistakes.  I am not targeting their child.  I do not dislike their child.  And the ruder they get, the less likely they are of succeeding in the reason why they called.   When I was a kid and a teacher called home, my parents always believed what they said.  Now, the parents believe the kid.  I just don’t get it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s