Pregnancy: Week 30

Saturday, May 13, 2017
I had planned to do a few things this morning, before we left, but it never ended up happening.  Kyle knew that I knew that my shower was today, but nobody else knew.  However, when we arrived at the location, I recognized a friend’s very recognizable car (it is both an unusual model and color).  Then I saw a sawhorse labeled with my name and it said that it’s my parking spot.  When I walked in, I was in shock.  There were relatives and friends I didn’t expect to see.  My dad came to visit from halfway across the U.S., for example.

My middle sister was clearly the organizer of the event and she did a great job!  It was fun and entertaining, and I really don’t say that about things like baby showers.  Everyone was really generous, making me feel bad that I hadn’t managed to give them more at their weddings and showers.  Then came the moment of truth.  My middle sister had convinced us to do a gender reveal.  She wheeled out the cake, I cut into it, and saw the blue icing.  I am going to have a boy!  While I preferred a girl, I thought it was a boy.  We also announced the name, which was my father’s first name. While I had never been particularly close with my father, I liked his name and it was a family name that was about to die out.  I was later told that my dad teared up.  My dad also gave us a check that I thought said $300, which was very generous.  I hugged and thanked him.  Later on, I discovered that it said $3,000!  All of the big ticket items were bought for us and then some!  We started to get concerned about where we were going to put everything, but I suppose that’s a great problem to have!  There were also a number of sentimental presents where people made things for us.

As we drove away, we were both in silent shock and gratitude.  We stopped at a big box store to pick up a few things we needed with some of the gift money we were given.  I got some clothes and underwear for our hospital bag.  Kyle got a cute father’s day shirt that he’s going to put in his hospital bag.  When we got home, we talked for a little while about the day and everyone’s generosity and went to bed.

Sunday, May 14, 2017
I woke up rather early this morning.  I got up, read a chapter of my Childbirth Without Fear book, and fell back asleep on the couch.  I woke up a few hours later, made breakfast, and went back to sleep.  I had a difficult time staying awake, in general today.  To be fair, this was the first day I had where I didn’t have to be anywhere or do anything in over a month.  I guess my body just needed its rest.

Of course, when it came time to actually go to sleep for the night, I had a lot of difficulty getting to sleep.  I think it was a little after midnight when I finally managed to nod off.

Monday, May 15, 2017
I awoke very tired after only four hours of sleep.  I uncharacteristically felt tired on my morning commute and struggled with staying awake.  I have a sore throat as well, which was rather uncomfortable.

My day was rather normal.  Nothing of interest  happened at work, excepting the shower my coworkers were having for me after school.  They had taken up a collection and were very generous!  When I got home, Kyle and I looked at everything that was left on our registry that we thought we needed and bought it!  It felt really good to have everything that we wanted/thought we needed for the baby when he comes!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017
I was able to sleep in a little today because we had a conference day.  Unfortunately, my body decided it wanted to sleep in more.  I showed up late.  Thankfully, nobody noticed.  I sat a little apart on the end in the back.  I couldn’t get comfortable.  Sitting was uncomfortable.  So was standing.  Then once an hour or so I had to use the restroom.  I was glad when it was over!

I fought sleep on the drive home.  When I got there, I went right to sleep.  I wonder if I’m getting sick or if I just need more sleep again for the baby to develop.  Even though I woke up for a little while, I was really out of it.  I went to bed for the night not long afterwards.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017
I had a relatively easy day at work today.  Wednesdays are usually relatively easy for me.  For  some reason, it seemed more difficult than usual.  I fought sleep on the way home and slept a lot when I got home.  I think I’m getting sick because my sore throat made a reappearance today.

Thursday, May 18, 2017
Today was a rough day at work.  It became apparent that my cold was getting worse.  I couldn’t stand for long because I became too light-headed.  My voice started cracking and got lower than usual.  By the time I went home, all I wanted to do was sleep again.  At least tomorrow is Friday.

Friday, May 19, 2017
I don’t think I mentioned this before, but my belly started feeling bigger and heavier all week.  I’m not sure if it’s because I know that we’re going to have a boy or I’m just tired and worn out from being sick and pregnant, but I feel this overwhelming urge to have this pregnancy be over so I can meet our baby.  It probably doesn’t help that when he has strong movements that an observer can actually see my belly bulge out a little in that spot!

I also had several coworkers tell me that they knew it was a boy.  The reasons they cited were everything from the fact that I was carrying heavy to the fact that my face was relatively unchanged to the fact that my belly wasn’t perfectly rounded.  My belly has never been perfectly rounded.  It’s always been an odd shape, even when I was thin and fit, so I expected that it would remain the same in pregnancy.  I always admired flat bellies and round bellies, but I have never had either.  Now that I’m pregnant, I don’t mind so much, so long as my belly adequately carries our little one until he’s healthy and ready to arrive.  But I wish that time would come already!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s