Pregnancy: Week 27

Saturday, April 22, 2017
I felt like I really haven’t had bunch of a spring break at all.  I took today and finished reading both of the pregnancy books I had.  They were the type that went through week by week, month by month, and gave an idea of what to expect and some ways to deal with common issues.  They ended with labor, what could be expected, and some common pregnancy medical issues — everything from a good diet to people who already had existing medical conditions.  It was informative, but I was happy to be done.  It took me longer than I expected, but I finished them by the end of the night.  It was nice to just lay around all day and do something similar to relaxing.

Sunday, April 23, 2017
I slept in today.  Even after I woke up, I really just took it easy all morning.  I had to go in to work because I had my dance performance coming up next week and I had to set up the sound and lighting equipment.  My school makes such a big deal about these things.  The lighting board somehow got un-programed.  Kyle and I stayed late trying to figure out how to program it.  I finally got too tired and just gave up for the night.  I got home and to sleep too late.

Monday, April 24, 2017
I was a little out of it today.  I was really stressed with the number of things I had to do.  I showed some lengthy documentaries in my older classes and assigned a report on them.  They should take at least a few classes worth of watching to finish them.  I got a lot of stuff done during those classes.  I have rehearsals all week for my dance production.  Today after the rehearsal, Kyle came and managed to program the lighting board.  We still left there too late for a good night’s sleep again.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017
It was difficult to get up this morning.  I barely made it to work on time.  I struggled to stay awake at work.  My back was also incredibly sore after rehearsal, even though I didn’t do any dancing, I just watched and organized the students as to when to go on and how.  After the rehearsal was over, I had to meet with the stage crew.  When that meeting was over, my principal had stayed late to talk to me. By the time I left, I was barely able to leave in time to get a full night’s sleep.  And of course, when I got home, Kyle had dinner waiting for me.  He is so sweet and supportive!

I was tired, stressed, and got very little sleep.  I wasn’t particularly worried about the dance production.  I was plagued by vivid dreams that were unsettling.  I was looking forward to getting this over so I could sleep.  I forced myself to stand longer and be more active than my body wanted to be and I could feel it taking its toll.

Of course I overbooked myself for today. I went somewhere else first in order to help out a friend.  Then I had my dance production.  It was hailed as the best yet and I was praised for how calm I kept throughout the whole thing.  Nobody realized that I wasn’t calm, I was just sleep-deprived!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s