Pregnancy Week 8

Saturday December 10
I awoke much earlier than I wanted to.  I had hoped to be able to sleep in and catch up on sleep.  I was awake at 7am.  I didn’t feel like moving.  I tried to get back to sleep.  Then I played on my phone for a few hours.  I got up and managed to take care of all of the grading that I had put off for a few weeks.  I showered and brushed my teeth.  I dropped Kyle off at work and took a nap for a few hours.  Then I spent a few hours wrapping all of my presents for the holidays.

I was so hungry that by the time I picked up Kyle from work, I bought a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon and tomato.  It was SO TASTY!!! I shouldn’t have eaten it though because the bacon probably had nitrates in it.  I hope it won’t be a problem with just eating it the once, but I was SO HUNGRY!  I also bought some nitrate-free bacon and bread to make my own BLT or maybe even a similar sandwich.

I was feeling happy that I managed to get a lot done despite my nausea and lack of energy!

Sunday December 11
I awoke early again, but felt much worse. I didn’t have the energy to do anything.  I spent the morning napping on and off on the couch.  I had meant to do laundry and prep food for the week, but I hadn’t accomplished any of it.  I left for a gathering of friends an hour away.  On the way, I stopped at an Indian grocery store.  There I found chai ginger tea.  The ingredients were: skim milk, sugar, tea, and ginger.  I was so excited!  There is a negligible amount of caffeine in the tea, but if I stuck to one a day, I should be fine!

I told that group of friends about being pregnant and my work dilemma. They suggested that my boyfriend and I stage a wedding or make some kind of vow to stay together for a specified period of time.  It was a good idea.  We put some plans into place and hopefully it should happen on December 23rd.

Monday December 12
I was so tired and out of it that I spent my whole day in a daze.  I can’t even remember what I did at work or when I got home.

Tuesday December 13
I woke up this morning, still tired and out of it. I felt nauseous and out of-it when I got up. However, as my day progress, despite my tiredness, I no longer felt the horrible fatigue. I was slowly able to get things done today. I didn’t find myself fighting sleep on the way home. I was able to smile at Kyle when I saw him. He noticed the difference immediately and we were both glad that I was feeling better. According to the things I read, the first trimester symptoms typically don’t go away until the second trimester, but I was very happy the extreme fatigue was gone, at least for one day.

Wednesday December 14
I felt pretty good again today. I was glad because I had a crazy day at work. I also saw my gynecologist as well. I got to ask my questions. She recommended another endocrinologist. I asked about the constant nausea and extreme fatigue. She said it was all normal and that my body was working to make a baby human. Since I felt better again, I didn’t push the issue, but I couldn’t imagine that the fatigue I had been feeling was normal.

She also did one of those trans-vaginal ultrasound. It was able to give me a good look at the baby. It was small and looked like a blob, obviously, but in one brief moment, I saw a face. It suddenly became real. I have a baby human inside of me. And a sense of relief that everything was okay with the baby. I also got to hear the heartbeat. It was fast and strong with 160 beats per minute. It increased my relief. With a good heartbeat, my chance of miscarriage goes way down. They printed a picture of my ultrasound, but the picture was grainy and really didn’t look like much of anything. The baby looks like a blob.

But at least I had a picture. I posted it on a secret Facebook group I created for family and friends. They were all happy to see it, even though, in my opinion, there wasn’t anything much to see.

Thursday December 15
I awoke and found that my fatigue had returned. My boyfriend had suggested that it had to do with the food I ate the last two days. It seemed overwhelming to check on everything I had eaten. And how would I even check for that stuff. I dragged myself through the day and went to bed as soon as I got home.

Friday December 16
I felt absolutely horrible today. My head was spinning so much that I had to walk slowly just to keep from throwing up. Thankfully, a bad bug was going around the Kindergarten, so I played up the symptoms that I knew went with that bug. There were some classes that I had to see to help them finish their holiday presents. Once I saw those classes, I went home early. I couldn’t help it. I was feeling too poorly to handle the remaining three classes that I was supposed to see today. I looked it up and all of these things are normal in the first trimester of pregnancy, but why does it feel like I’m on the extreme end of it?

I went home and fell asleep. I slept on and off throughout the rest of the day and slept through the night.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s