Sunday September 25, 2016


We both woke up with hangovers. I drank as much water as I could stomach. I made myself some tea so II could assess everything that needed to be packed and figure out how to fit it all into my car. It took about two hours to get everything done. Half of that time Kyle was being pestered by his cousin to leave. He wouldn’t go until I was packed up, which was very kind of him. Unfortunately, that meant that we had to say goodbye in a very public place. I got a peck on the lips and a hug. Tears welled up in my eyes as he left. I drove away not long afterwards. I stopped at a gas station and bought plenty of liquids to rehydrate myself with and plenty of carbs to help settle my stomach.

I had a difficult time driving home without falling asleep. I couldn’t tell if it was boredom, the hangover, or if I was truly tired because we went to bed quite late last night. For whatever reason it was, I struggled to stay awake. I was also itchy around my neck, but I just figured it was the sunburn I got a few weeks ago healing. I stopped at Rachel’s apartment first. She was having a potluck and really wanted me to come since our whole circle of friends would be there. I got there. It was apparent to them that I’m really tired. I was surprised to find that a few people in my hiking circle of friends overlapped this circle of friends as well. I talked to them mostly about hiking and camping since they knew how I had spent this weekend. We discussed common friends. I probably ate more food than I should have, but I was so tired and hungry and thirsty. I started to get ready to leave early when Rachel told me that I looked happy. I told her I was incredibly tired. She said she saw that, but underneath the tired that I looked happy. I was grateful for that.

I started driving home, but was fighting sleep so badly, that I called Kyle. We talked on speakerphone. I don’t remember what we talked about, just that I kept running out of things to say and that he wasn’t particularly talkative. Eventually I arrived home. I meant to go straight to sleep. However, I got distracted with my favorite tv show and ended up watching two episodes before bed. Then I went to sleep.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s