January 30, 2016

I awoke early, but left a half hour later than I wanted to. I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep last night and the lack of sleep all week was finally starting to catch up with me. I had to stop multiple times for caffeine and for something to munch on to keep me awake for the trip. I had almost arrived when I felt the caffeine kicking in. I was only a few minutes early for his speech. I saw a few friends I hadn’t seen in a long time. It was good to see them! I sat alone for his speech and cheered with everyone else at the end. He always was a good speaker and told stories in such a way that I could happily listen to his stories more than once!

I chatted with him, congratulating him and the like. I found myself getting weepy. I even actually cried for a little bit. I couldn’t figure out why. I had encountered nobody that I had bad feelings with. I had had no bad encounters. I didn’t even have any moments where I was left alone to feel like nobody wanted to talk to me. In short, all my previous theories as to why I felt like this at hiking events were shot to shit. I had no idea why I felt like this or why! On the way out, I said goodbye to some friends who I hadn’t seen in a long time, but didn’t know why, because they only lived an hour away.  I explained what was going on with me and why I had been avoiding everyone. I told them I didn’t understand why I got overemotional because during the rest of my live, my emotions have calmed down quite a bit. They understood, but I realized how much I had missed them. I resolved to see if we could hang out sometime, outside of our hiking group.

I drove home, by way of my mom’s house. I stopped there for dinner and to borrow their code scanner for my car. My check engine light had been elusively popping on and off at random intervals. I wanted to borrow it so I could catch it while it was on and I hadn’t driven too many miles. I also wanted to borrow it for Diego, whom I knew needed one. I didn’t stay long and arrived home around 8pm. I fed my cats and went to bed.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s