January 20, 2016

I awoke feeling okay at about 3am.  I decided to call in sick to work.  I wasn’t any worse than yesterday.  I might even have felt slightly better than yesterday.  I also realized that today would be the best day to take off.  I had too much to do on Thursday and I had already taken part of a Friday off this month due to my flat tire.

Afterwards, I went back to sleep a few times.  I worked on catching up on my blog in between naps.  I drove to the local urgent care, feeling silly to be going there for a cold again.  I was surprised to find that I had a slight fever.  My ears were okay and my nasal passages were inflamed.  I was given a prescription for antibiotics and was told to buy a saline nasal spray. I was given a note for work and was told that if I wasn’t better after I finished the antibiotics to return.

I went home and surprisingly managed to fall asleep.  I nodded off a few times.  I must have been sicker than I thought.  I finally braved the nasal spray.  It felt very weird to shoot liquid up my nose and I wasn’t looking forward to having to repeat the process every two hours. The uncomfortable feeling in my nasal passages lingered for about 10 minutes afterwards.  I sincerely hoped that I would be well enough to teach tomorrow because I had rehearsal and I really didn’t want to have to give one up because every one counts towards making the performance better.

I awoke to a text from Diego.  I must have been out of it because I couldn’t understood a lot of his texts.  I wished I knew what he was trying to say. I think he was asking what he could do for me, but his spelling was off too much to figure it out.

Today I gave up my need to get things done and tried to spend my time getting better.

Today I’m grateful that I was able to stay home to recuperate, that I decided to go to the doctor, and that I was able to do a little knitting.

I helped nobody today.

I spent no time in nature.

I spent about $20 on antibiotics and nasal spray.

I slept for about 8 hours last night, but it was broken up a lot.

I did not meditate today.

I did not exercise today.

I did not follow my diet today.

I did not clean or straighten today.

I was not showered and did not brush my teeth today.

I was feeling sick and out of it and my mood fluctuated. I just wanted someone to take care of me and resented having to take care of myself.  My temperament was good.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s